Thursday, April 14, 2005

Random Thoughts


Bo Bice's real name is Harold. Hard to rock out when your name is Harold, I guess.




What's the difference between 4 wheel drive and all wheel drive? If they throw an extra wheel on an all wheel drive car, does it drive better, whereas with an 4 wheel drive car, there's no hope of that fifth wheel doing anything?




I am not an inherently patient man, but I've learned patience because of three people - Jim Pacejka and my two daughters. It's easy to understand how kids teach us patience. My friend Jim taught me patience by just being himself. I've always been a let's-get-moving kind of person. Jim is a what's-the-hurry person. It drove me crazy when we were kids and I had to wait an interminable amount of time while he slowly tied his shoes. However, as I grew older, I learned patience. We all move at different speeds and figuring out that faster ain't always better took me a long time. Like 15 years at least.

Still, today I am feeling very impatient. And I wish the person I am waiting for would hurry up and tie her shoes.




The moms at preschool are all friendly to me, but man do I wish there was another dad who regularly dropped off his kid. It's not easy being the minority.




I finally hung the Picasso Don Quixote print a friend gave to me. It's right by the computer and I look at it often. It's easily one of the best gifts I've been given.




Sami is 15 months old today. Time doesn't just fly, it takes the Concorde.




What did I do right in my life that I ended up with two amazingly smart and beautiful children? I am really not worthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here