Friday, April 01, 2005

Sing, don't hit

UPDATE: USA Today reports that Scott told the producers about the incident ahead of time and will not be removed from the show. Damn.

Well, it looks like another American Idol contestant is in serious trouble not because he can't sing, but because his past has come back to haunt him.



Scott Savol was arrested in 2001 for hitting his girlfriend. She is also the mother of his child. Savol accepted a disorderly conduct misdemeanor plea and was fined $500, placed on a year's probation, ordered to take anger management classes, and given a 20-day suspended prison sentence. I don't know if this will eliminate him from the competition as it did Corey Clark , but I think it'll kill his chances of getting the votes he needs to stick around. If it does eliminate him, I hope they bring Jessica Sierra back. I was so disappointed when she was eliminated last week. And the sooner Scott's gone, the better as far as I am concerned. Even if he is reformed, I can't stand watching him sing. Last week, Paula attempted to compliment him by saying, "I had my closed, I was swaying to the music..." Of course you had your eyes closed, Paula. Looking at zero charisma Scott on stage is painful.

This information comes from the smoking gun website. As does the following:

"Savol's rap sheet also includes a "no contest" plea to a 1995 misdemeanor trespass charge. He was arrested for entering Shaker Heights High School after being "warned both verbally and by letter" to stay out of the building."

So what's the story behind this? If the school sent him a letter telling him to stay out, there must be more to this story. What else did this guy do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here