Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Fortinbras Auditions!

Every once in a while I read a play that makes laugh so hard I fall out of my chair. Fortinbras is one of those shows. It's amazingly funny. I wish I could audition for it myself, but I'm directing a show in October and my wife is only understanding to a certain point...

But you! You right there! You should audition for this show. There's lots of good parts and you'd have a great time. The director is smart and talented, too. This is the show you should be in.

Here's the info:

Dreamwell Theatre is holding auditions for its last production of the 2005 season: Fortinbras, by Lee Blessing, which runs the first three weekends in November at the second floor of the Old Capitol Mall. The play's author, a University of Iowa alumnus, describes the play as a "metaphysical farce." A sequel to Shakespeare's Hamlet, the play begins with the last scene of Hamlet. Young Fortinbras devises the best possible way to legitimize his claim to the throne of Denmark. All the while he is plagued by a harrowing array of ghosts, which include a repentant Claudius and Gertrude, and an Ophelia most theater-goers would barely recognize.

AUDITIONS

Friday, August 26; Saturday, August 27 at 7 pm at the Dreamwell Theatre space, second floor of the Old Capitol Mall. Auditions will consist of cold readings.

CALLBACKS

Sunday, August 28

The script is available at the Iowa City Public Library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here