Sunday, January 29, 2006

In a flash

Ever notice how you can find inspiration or at least an understanding of yourself in the most unlikely of places?

For instance, I was driving home from Cedar Rapids on Saturday listening to 80s songs on the radio. The theme from Flashdance started playing and, I admit, I was singing along. The chorus goes like this:

What a feeling, bein's believin'
I can't have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life
Take your passion, and make it happen
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life

I am not a dancer. Sure, I can move a little bit, but I make no claim to a superior sense of rhythm. So it's not the dancing part that moved me. It was this line:

Take your passion, and make it happen

When I think about my life, that sort sums me up. I figure out what I am passionate about - family, theater, etc. - and then I make it happen as best I can.

It's weird how self awareness can appear in the middle of a cheesy 80s song about a steelworker turned dancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here