Thursday, February 23, 2006

The Boys of AI

Okay, so much for my opinion that we should end the competition and declare Paris and the co-winners. A couple of the men were damn good too. My favorite is Chris Daughtry. He sang Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive and really rocked the house. My other favorite was Ace who sang Father Figure by George Michael. These two are the second comings of Bo and Constantine respectively.

There were also some truly awful performances. Like the guy who sang Copacabana and talked about how great Barry Manilow is. Um. This isn't American Idiot. Go home, um, Bobby, I think your name is.

And then there was the first guy who sang - Patrick Hall. He wasn't terrible but he's absolutely screwed because he went first and no one is going to remember him.

As for the others...

Bucky, who I think I saw on the Simpsons with his wife and 15 children, wasn't bad when he was singing. But when he smiled or talked, I cringed. Some people don't belong on TV and Bucky is one of them. Except when he sings. Then he's not bad.

Jose, who the judges really liked, was soooo boring. The whole thing was done in falsetto and well, maybe that was musically impressive and all, but I was falling asleep.

Taylor, the the grey haired guy, was decent, but not as good as I would have thought with his version of Levon. Sharon thought he failed to convey the irony in the song. Still, I am rooting for him as I feel follically connected to him.

So who will get booted tonight?

Patrick and Bobby. Or maybe cheeksqueezed Kevin Covais, who looks about 12. It could be one of the two cute kids - Will or David. They can't both get all the pre-teen girl votes. I am hoping Patrick and Bobby go home, but you just never know.

Oh and Ali, Rachel seemed to like everyone. She got up to dance when Chris sang so I think he is a favorite. She has good taste. And some pretty acrobatic dance moves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here