Friday, March 03, 2006

A brand spankin' new MEME

I watched the creation of this MEME over at livejournal, so I hope you'll all take it to your own blogs and keep it moving through the 'net.

What’s your super power?

My super power is to help others fly, like my two kids. "Fly, Daddy!" they'll say and I'll lef them up with my feet and they smile hugely.

What was your major in college? In what ways, if any, is your current job related to your major?

English. I used it to get my last job, which was as a technical writer and through that job I learned all about financial aid, which helped me get my current job at the financial aid office at Kirkwood. But really, I figured out about halfway through the English degree that I should have chosen something else. Amusingly enough, if I had it to do over again, I'd double major in business and theater. Then get a master's degree in Theater Administration. But I didn't figure all of that out until I was 30 or so.

Did you go to your 10-year reunion? How was that?

I would have liked to but my class didn't have one! I was so annoyed with those slackers. Twenty years is only three years away so hopefully that'll happen. Ohmygod. I'm only three years away from my 20th reunion? What the hell happened!?

For real, how long would you last if civilization ended? Explain.

Oh, I think I'd be okay. Honestly, I have this whole Appalachian Trail hiking side of me that I wish I got take out more often. If civilization ended and we had to live off the land, I'd be all over that. Although I'd definitely move south so I wouldn't have to deal with winters without civilization. I don't like the cold.

What is the first thing you do have coming home from a day at work? I take off my shoes. I don't like wearing shoes inside.

What’s your favorite late night, after bar “breakfast” food?

I would say waffles and a chocolate shake. But I don't go to bars anymore. In fact, I hardly went to them when I was in college.

What’s your favorite restaurant in a city other than your own?

Beef and Brandy (B&Bs) in Countryside, Illinois. But that's mostly for sentimental reasons. I used to hang out there with my friends when I was in high school. It is a 24 hour place so we could be there late into the night.

Tell me about a website you love that I’ve probably never heard of.

This is a really hard one. For one, I am at work so I can't look ay my bookmarks. I'll have to update the meme when I get home.

How much can you benchpress?

More than you probably think I can. I am stronger than I appear.

How did you end up blogging?*

I was part of a short-lived reality tv blog and then I decided to create my own thing. At least I think that's how I got started.

* note the original question was "How did you end up on livejournal?" but I changed since I didn't end up on livejournal although I do have a livejournal feed thanks to Ali who knows all sorts of computer like things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here