Friday, October 15, 2004

Gimme the water

The other night, Sharon and I watched Supersize Me, the documentary that chronicled the physical effects of eating only McDonald's for 30 days. I don't think we needed a documentary to tell us that eating McDonald's for 30 days is a bad idea. Still, it was interesting to find out just how bad an idea it really is. The guy looked horrible at the end of the run. The doctors were worried about his liver. I don't eat fast food very much anymore because it's more expensive than making dinner at home. Of course, I've always known how bad the stuff is. I used to work at Arbys. Ever seen that meat before it was cooked? Not pleasant. In fact, it's downright gross. You can stick your finger right through it. It's mashed pieces of meat and god knows what else. Of course, that doesn't stop me from eating it because it just tastes so good. Ah well.

The one change I am going to make is the amount of pop I consume. (Pop, dammit. Not soda. And don't go referring to all pop as "coke" either. It's pop. It's fizzy hence the term "pop". I'm a Midwesterner, what can I say?) I have a can of pop, usually Coke, with my lunch. Then I often have one with my dinner. And sometimes another can or two in the evening. That's too much. And you know what kind of scared me the other day? I was feeling grumpy and then I had a sip of Coke and I just felt so much better. It tasted so good. Too good. So yeah, need to cut down on that. I am switching to bottled water in the evenings. I'll just have a can of pop with lunch and leave it at that.

One of my quirks. I can't drink water unless it's in a plastic bottle. I mean, I am physically capable of drinking it if it's in a glass or a mug or something, but I won't. It's just not the same. Ever since I started hiking and I had only water to drink when in the mountains, I have this attachment to bottled water. So I bought a six pack of bottled water and when I'm done with that, I'll fill 'em from the faucet. I am not a water snob. I don't need to drink only the bottled water that they sell, but I do need the bottle. I don't know why.

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, October 15, 2004, Blogger Matt said...

Thanks, rik. I'm off to check out your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here