Monday, July 03, 2006

Weekend...

We had a really nice weekend. Saturday we did a bunch of errands, one of which included going to University Camera and learning that our camera is messed up and will probably cost more to fix than to replace. So that wasn't great, but Sharon's getting a second opinion on that. Still the four of us had a good day just being together. That night I played poker and while I just missed getting into the money both games, it was still fun. I like winning, don't get me wrong, but the most I ever lose is about $10 and that's pretty cheap entertainment really. Sunday, we went to the pool. I love Coralville's pool as I think I've written before. Rachel is turning into a fish. She hasn't figured out swimming yet, but she's close. And she has no fear of going underwater. I seem to remember still being afraid to get my head underwater at her age. Sammi really like the water, too. And what's great about this pool is that it has sections for all ages. There's a diving board into deep water, two great waterslides, a shallow area for Rachel-size kids, and even a fountain area which Sammi really loved running through. This year, Rachel got far more autonomy. As long as she was in the little kid section, we didn't feel the need to be next to her all the time. When we came home from the pool, we barbequed some chicken on our grill. First time we've used that this year. I love grilled food.

Today we're back at work, but tonight we may check out some fireworks. And of course tomorrow is a holiday, and one of my favorites to boot. I'll write more about that in another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here