Monday, July 03, 2006

Yarggh!

I am addicted to a video game. Mind you, I am not a "gamer". There are two games on my computer that I play every once in a while: NFL Blitz and Civilization II (I don't like the later versions). And that's about it. Until last week.

Are you familiar with the ninjas vs. pirates debate? If you come down on the side of the swashbuckler, this game is for you: Sid Meier's Pirates! (Yes, the exclamation point is part of the name.) You can do everything in this game: ship to ship combat, sword to sword combat, make money through buying low and selling high, go on quests to rescue lost family members, dance with pretty girls... it's got it all. The drawback is your wife gets understandably annoyed because you're on the computer too much.

This review sums up the problem rather well:

"You'll find yourself saying 'Ok, I'm going to do just one more thing'. The next thing you know, a couple hours have blown by." - Subism

So if you're single, it's a great game for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Survivor blog has the latest news and speculation as well as some spoiling about the show.
About Me

Name: Matt
Location: Coralville, IA
I am a Dad and a Husband. An Actor. An Administrator. A Hiker. A Writer. Probably a bunch of other things too. Read my blog and you'll find out more.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama

Listed on Blogwise
Listed on BlogShares
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Who Links Here